Skip to main content

WALKING AND WORKING WITH GOD

 

When we were much younger I mean when we were between the ages 1-2, I can boldly say that all children walking at this age will be guided by their parents as it is expected that such cannot be left alone to walk, and do so many activities on their own due to their imperfection and inability even in the way they walk.

Talking about working, it is a continuous practice which we engage in and we are mostly being paid for or not. So, walking and working with God means the ability to journey with the Father uprightly in our earthly race. I mean the capability to be led to perfection by the Ancient one just as the way the  toddler will be guided as a result of his/her imperfection. No wonder what God told Abraham in ( Gen 17:1).

Furthermore, working with God simply means performing some self-service to the Father it could be in joining a unit in the church of God in order to function for Abba without expecting any wage or returns. This is absolutely nice but a very quick question is that as much as we are working with the father are we also walking with Him?  He told Abraham plainly in the books of ( Gen 17:1) "Walk before me and be ye perfect ". The moment we begin to see ourselves as toddlers in the sight of the One who sits on the circle of the world, it gets easier to surrender ourselves for a nice work and walk with Him.

Remember when  a toddler takes a wrong step, he/she would be corrected by his/her parents this is more like what happens to us when we decide to work and walk with the Father, as He begins to nurture us and ensure we do not take the wrong steps. There are some promises for those who walk uprightly with the Father even as they work with Him (Isaiah 35: 15-16) . Reading through ( col 1: 10) we would see Paul's epistle to the Colossians  admonishing them to walk worthy of the Lord and being fruitful in every works committed in their hands.

In conclusion, we should understand that as children of God we should work as well as walk uprightly in his commandments for it is highly needed of us.

PRAYER POINT: Abba, the ability to work with you and also walk with you always you grant unto me. AMEN!!!



THANKS FOR READING!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Workers in the vineyard

 When I was younger, I remembered visiting a marble company, There I saw different stages of how the marble is being processed and finally done. I remembered that the several stages in the production was allocated to different people to ensure a smooth and successful completion of the marble. While I was reading through the books of Mathew 20, the phrase workers in the vineyards caught my attention and this reminded me of my introductory story. Here, we are made to see an illustration of individuals working in a vineyard to achieve a common goal and how they are  paid the same wages at the end of the day. What does this mean to us as believers? just as the bible records it in 1 Cor 12: 1-27, we are all different parts of the same body working towards the same goal of populating the kingdom of God, we should not overestimate ourselves. In Mathew 20, the bible records it that those that have been working in the vineyard since dawn and those who just joined an hour to the end of ...

UNDER THE SUN!

  A whole lot goes down under the sun,when I say under the sun i am referring to the whole earth as a whole. Imagine a  child is born into the world, coming out of the mother's womb empty and naked, after the child's birth he is weaned and goes through several stages before he finally starts his education, from primary to secondary and to higher institution he could even go to the length of taking professional exams and pursuing his career to the peak. After this his parents tells him to bring home a wife, he gets married start having kids and making his kids follow the same process as he has been brought up,when he grows old he dies and maybe wills his property to his children and he without no doubt knows what happens again after his demise as he will be buried empty not even with the certificates and qualifications he has attained. What a life!       This above example is typical of a successful human, several generation comes and goes. we all have fore fath...

THE MISSING SHEEP

 There was a particular time I embarked on a journey. On getting to the park I saw two different buses, one was going exactly where I was going, it had just a passenger left to be filled up  and expensive while the other was empty, less expensive but was not going exactly where I was going but I could manoeuvre and later get to my destination. Immediately, I made a quick decision in me that I will follow the less expensive bus as it was cheaper and I could easily pick anywhere I wanted to sit. Lo and behold, the bus driver with a single passenger to complete kept running up and down to ensure that his bus gets filled up, in a way he came to me and started persuading me to follow his bus and told me that the bus was not moving because I refused to join. The other bus driver became angry and started giving me reasons I should follow his bus. At that point I became confused and I felt lost as I did not know which bus I was to follow again but later I decided to follow the single ...