Skip to main content

THE TRUE BREAD OF GOD


 Bread comes in different shapes and sizes, growing up I must say I have had to see and eat different types of bread be it agege bread ( the one that goes sweetly with Ewa Agonyin), slice bread, twin bread, cake bread, coconut bread, sardine bread and there was even a particular bread called "ice cream" bread in my Uni days. All of these breads listed above have their own ingredients and flavor which makes it unique to people who buy them.

Biblically, the true bread of God represents Jesus Christ which is the word of God no wonder what we have in the scriptures according to John chapter 1. In the books of John chapter 6, we were made to see how the Lord fed over 5000 people with 12 baskets of remnant loaves, and due to this, the crowd was looking for him as they wanted more of the food and not the word of God. 
The bible recorded that he was aware of their intentions and encouraged them to seek Him who was the bread of life so they could no longer hunger and thirst again. The people got confused at this stage and were passing comments like "How can you the son of Joseph and Mary which we know call yourself the bread of life from heaven?"
They were ignorant that He referred to the word of God. If we go through the scriptures, the book of John reveals that "In the beginning was the word, the word was with God and God himself was the word". It went further by saying the word became flesh and dwelt among us no wonder John the Baptist kept preparing the way for the Lord. 
So, how is Christ not the true bread of God from heaven? Enough of chasing after agege bread only have we considered chasing after the bread of life just as Christ was imploring the multitudes to eat of the true bread from heaven, I am using this platform to beseech us to seek the true bread from heaven and watch how we get filled spiritually, financially, career-wise, academically, relationship-wise, and so on. 
When we seek the word of God we get solutions to our life issues. some of us do not even have the understanding that we carry the solutions to life trials with us, some of us cannot remember the last time we opened our bibles to eat from the word and yet we consume chunks of food daily. Brethren, I am imploring us to give the bread of life a trial and I promise us that our lives will never remain the same. 



PRAYER POINT: Father fill me with the passion for the bread of God so I can hunger and thirst no more. AMEN

THANKS FOR READING!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers in the vineyard

 When I was younger, I remembered visiting a marble company, There I saw different stages of how the marble is being processed and finally done. I remembered that the several stages in the production was allocated to different people to ensure a smooth and successful completion of the marble. While I was reading through the books of Mathew 20, the phrase workers in the vineyards caught my attention and this reminded me of my introductory story. Here, we are made to see an illustration of individuals working in a vineyard to achieve a common goal and how they are  paid the same wages at the end of the day. What does this mean to us as believers? just as the bible records it in 1 Cor 12: 1-27, we are all different parts of the same body working towards the same goal of populating the kingdom of God, we should not overestimate ourselves. In Mathew 20, the bible records it that those that have been working in the vineyard since dawn and those who just joined an hour to the end of ...

UNDER THE SUN!

  A whole lot goes down under the sun,when I say under the sun i am referring to the whole earth as a whole. Imagine a  child is born into the world, coming out of the mother's womb empty and naked, after the child's birth he is weaned and goes through several stages before he finally starts his education, from primary to secondary and to higher institution he could even go to the length of taking professional exams and pursuing his career to the peak. After this his parents tells him to bring home a wife, he gets married start having kids and making his kids follow the same process as he has been brought up,when he grows old he dies and maybe wills his property to his children and he without no doubt knows what happens again after his demise as he will be buried empty not even with the certificates and qualifications he has attained. What a life!       This above example is typical of a successful human, several generation comes and goes. we all have fore fath...

THE MISSING SHEEP

 There was a particular time I embarked on a journey. On getting to the park I saw two different buses, one was going exactly where I was going, it had just a passenger left to be filled up  and expensive while the other was empty, less expensive but was not going exactly where I was going but I could manoeuvre and later get to my destination. Immediately, I made a quick decision in me that I will follow the less expensive bus as it was cheaper and I could easily pick anywhere I wanted to sit. Lo and behold, the bus driver with a single passenger to complete kept running up and down to ensure that his bus gets filled up, in a way he came to me and started persuading me to follow his bus and told me that the bus was not moving because I refused to join. The other bus driver became angry and started giving me reasons I should follow his bus. At that point I became confused and I felt lost as I did not know which bus I was to follow again but later I decided to follow the single ...