Skip to main content

THE FEAR OF THE LORD

 Speaking of the literal meaning of fear and the most widely use of the word "fear", it means a phobia, a strong uncontrollable unpleasant emotion caused by actual or perceived danger of threat.

Here, I am not talking about this above meaning of fear. The fear of the Lord means terrified reverence to the Lord, that is treating the Ancient one with respect, trembling as a result of his wonderful works that is evident in humanity. Take a deep thought about yourself, do you know how you got to the stage you are presently, talking about growth in all areas of ones life is enough evidence or reason to instill the fear of the Lord in us because His works are mysterious.

The bible had it in the book of psalm 114 reading through vv 3, it says "Jordan saw it and fled" . What did Jordan see? it saw the presence of the Lord in action which instilled fear even on an inanimate thing much more we humans. The fear of the Lord brings trembling in His sight, it makes us have wisdom in going about our daily activities in life (Psalm 111:10). 

Furthermore, we were made to understand that those who fear the lord, the reverence they have for the Father bestows the pity of Abba on them (Psalms 103:13). Why not take the bold step of reverencing God in all your endeavor and wait patiently for the glorious outcome.

In conclusion, the Spirit of the Lord further bestows His fear on humans (Isaiah 10:2) and when the fear of the Lord is in action , it brings to null all works of flesh in us and replacing it with the reverence for God. Daniel feared the Lord, Joseph feared the Lord, the three Hebrews feared the Lord. Do not be left out!


PRAYER POINT : Father, the ability to always reverence you with all my doings, grant me. Amen .

THANKS FOR READING!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers in the vineyard

 When I was younger, I remembered visiting a marble company, There I saw different stages of how the marble is being processed and finally done. I remembered that the several stages in the production was allocated to different people to ensure a smooth and successful completion of the marble. While I was reading through the books of Mathew 20, the phrase workers in the vineyards caught my attention and this reminded me of my introductory story. Here, we are made to see an illustration of individuals working in a vineyard to achieve a common goal and how they are  paid the same wages at the end of the day. What does this mean to us as believers? just as the bible records it in 1 Cor 12: 1-27, we are all different parts of the same body working towards the same goal of populating the kingdom of God, we should not overestimate ourselves. In Mathew 20, the bible records it that those that have been working in the vineyard since dawn and those who just joined an hour to the end of ...

UNDER THE SUN!

  A whole lot goes down under the sun,when I say under the sun i am referring to the whole earth as a whole. Imagine a  child is born into the world, coming out of the mother's womb empty and naked, after the child's birth he is weaned and goes through several stages before he finally starts his education, from primary to secondary and to higher institution he could even go to the length of taking professional exams and pursuing his career to the peak. After this his parents tells him to bring home a wife, he gets married start having kids and making his kids follow the same process as he has been brought up,when he grows old he dies and maybe wills his property to his children and he without no doubt knows what happens again after his demise as he will be buried empty not even with the certificates and qualifications he has attained. What a life!       This above example is typical of a successful human, several generation comes and goes. we all have fore fath...

THE MISSING SHEEP

 There was a particular time I embarked on a journey. On getting to the park I saw two different buses, one was going exactly where I was going, it had just a passenger left to be filled up  and expensive while the other was empty, less expensive but was not going exactly where I was going but I could manoeuvre and later get to my destination. Immediately, I made a quick decision in me that I will follow the less expensive bus as it was cheaper and I could easily pick anywhere I wanted to sit. Lo and behold, the bus driver with a single passenger to complete kept running up and down to ensure that his bus gets filled up, in a way he came to me and started persuading me to follow his bus and told me that the bus was not moving because I refused to join. The other bus driver became angry and started giving me reasons I should follow his bus. At that point I became confused and I felt lost as I did not know which bus I was to follow again but later I decided to follow the single ...