Skip to main content

A NEW COVENANT

A covenant is to make a promise incidental to a deed or a contract Biblically, a covenant is a conditional promise made to humanity by God as revealed in the scripture. it is conditional in the sense that some principles has to be followed to ensure the everlasting establishment of the covenant. In the book of hebrews 8:8, it was stated there that God will make a new covenant with His children. Several covenant has been made earlier but Abba Father stated specifically that he was going to make a new covenant with His children, Christ been the new covenant. The coming of our Lord Jesus christ had already being prophesied no wonder what we have in John 3:16. He is a covenant that has come to fulfilment and supercedes earlier covenant. Then in fulfilment of this covenant Christ came truly to the world, died for our sins, resurrected and coming back to take His saints. The bible made us to understand that whosoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life. This is a condition attached to the fulfilment or making the covenant an everlasting one. This new covenant gave birth to the revealing of the New Testament, Christ himself being the mediator of this new testament Hebrews 1:15. having laid down His life for our sins and what is our own role in fulfilling the covenant? obviously follow His commandments and act according to His will for He is coming the second time in partial fulfillment of the new covenant Hebrews 9:28.

 

PRAYER POINT: Father thank you for your new covenant over my life, the ability to live up to the expectations  of this new covenant give unto me.AMEN 

 THANKS FOR READING!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers in the vineyard

 When I was younger, I remembered visiting a marble company, There I saw different stages of how the marble is being processed and finally done. I remembered that the several stages in the production was allocated to different people to ensure a smooth and successful completion of the marble. While I was reading through the books of Mathew 20, the phrase workers in the vineyards caught my attention and this reminded me of my introductory story. Here, we are made to see an illustration of individuals working in a vineyard to achieve a common goal and how they are  paid the same wages at the end of the day. What does this mean to us as believers? just as the bible records it in 1 Cor 12: 1-27, we are all different parts of the same body working towards the same goal of populating the kingdom of God, we should not overestimate ourselves. In Mathew 20, the bible records it that those that have been working in the vineyard since dawn and those who just joined an hour to the end of ...

THE MISSING SHEEP

 There was a particular time I embarked on a journey. On getting to the park I saw two different buses, one was going exactly where I was going, it had just a passenger left to be filled up  and expensive while the other was empty, less expensive but was not going exactly where I was going but I could manoeuvre and later get to my destination. Immediately, I made a quick decision in me that I will follow the less expensive bus as it was cheaper and I could easily pick anywhere I wanted to sit. Lo and behold, the bus driver with a single passenger to complete kept running up and down to ensure that his bus gets filled up, in a way he came to me and started persuading me to follow his bus and told me that the bus was not moving because I refused to join. The other bus driver became angry and started giving me reasons I should follow his bus. At that point I became confused and I felt lost as I did not know which bus I was to follow again but later I decided to follow the single ...

UNDER THE SUN!

  A whole lot goes down under the sun,when I say under the sun i am referring to the whole earth as a whole. Imagine a  child is born into the world, coming out of the mother's womb empty and naked, after the child's birth he is weaned and goes through several stages before he finally starts his education, from primary to secondary and to higher institution he could even go to the length of taking professional exams and pursuing his career to the peak. After this his parents tells him to bring home a wife, he gets married start having kids and making his kids follow the same process as he has been brought up,when he grows old he dies and maybe wills his property to his children and he without no doubt knows what happens again after his demise as he will be buried empty not even with the certificates and qualifications he has attained. What a life!       This above example is typical of a successful human, several generation comes and goes. we all have fore fath...